Posted April 19, 2018
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform legal and nonlegal research;
· Draft pleadings, motions, discovery, briefs, memoranda, and correspondence;
· Assist with case management, strategy, and progression;
· Assist attorneys with deposition preparation including preparing witness question outlines and compiling the necessary exhibits to be offered during the deposition;
· Assist with all aspects of the discovery phase including preparing discovery requests and discovery objections and responses, issuing all types of subpoenas, and coordinating depositions;
· Assist in the gathering, review, and production of documents during the discovery phase of litigation;
· Prepare for and attend client meetings, document productions, depositions, hearings and trials;
· Prepare summaries of depositions, documents and medical records;
· Assist in trial preparation by preparing trial and exhibit notebooks, preparing direct and cross examinations, and coordinating the necessary travel arrangements and various resource needs for trial;
· Assist at trial by outlining testimony, organizing exhibits and preparing witnesses; and
· Handle routine correspondence and maintain telephone contact with client.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited paralegal/legal assistant program with five years of related litigation experience at a law firm or a corporate law department.
Apply to this position online:
Kutak Rock Careers
Legal & Compliance Administrative Assistant
Posted April 19, 2018
The Legal & Compliance Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the legal and compliance activities of Orion Advisor Services, LLC ("Orion"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”). The Legal & Compliance Administrative Assistant provides assistance with administrative and other routine aspects of legal matters handled by the Orion legal team.
BOOKS AND RECORDS MAINTENANCE
• Entry and maintenance of legal documents and records into NorthStar’s electronic recordkeeping system in adherence with applicable recordkeeping laws and regulations and NorthStar’s policies and procedures (including proper assignment of document metadata).
• Prepare and distribute monthly contracts reports to executive management.
• Ensure document metadata in NorthStar’s electronic recordkeeping system is accurate and up to date.
• Maintain accurate and current advertising records on behalf of Orion.
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE ASSISTANCE
• Review contracts to determine appropriate terms to be reflected in the metadata assigned to documents within NorthStar’s electronic recordkeeping system.
• Review and approve communication and advertising materials for Orion for compliance with Orion policies and procedures, and in connection with applicable laws and regulations.
• Work with Orion’s marketing team to review the continued accuracy of marketing materials and propose changes as needed.
• Review emails and phone calls for legal and compliance issues as dictated by Orion’s policies and procedures; refer escalated issues to manager.
• Performs other clerical and administrative duties as necessary to support the Orion legal team.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with Orion legal team.
• Daily contact with internal associates while performing legal review of advertising materials, discussing contract status, and other legal issues.
• Ability to understand legal terms commonly referenced in legal documents
• Ability to provide accurate data entry
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Superior grammar, spelling, editing and proofreading skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree with a paralegal emphasis or related field required
• Orion Series 65 certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working for a law firm or in a legal or compliance department required
• Financial services experience preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Please apply online:
Orion Advisor Services, LLC Careers
Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary
Posted March 30, 2018
Small but busy insurance defense litigation firm is looking for a full time Legal Assistant with 3 to 5 years of experience. Duties include typing, dictation, answering multi-line phone system, file maintenance, filing, scheduling hearings, meetings and depositions, preparing pleadings and discovery, efile in state and federal courts, scanning documents and otherwise supporting litigation attorneys.
Applicants must have strong organizational skills, be able to multi-task, communicate professionally, be a team player, have working knowledge of Outlook and Office. College degree preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and information to Mary Harrington: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 29, 2018
West Omaha tax, business and estate planning firm seeks experienced, self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented Paralegal. This person will have the ability to multi-task efficiently, quickly and effectively. This person will work closely with other paralegal’s and attorneys to handle cases in a timely manner. Successful candidate needs to be proficient using MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Nebraska state and federal court electronic filing systems, Adobe and Acrobat XPro. Pay commensurate with experience and skills. This is a full time position with benefits.
Applicants can send resume to email@example.com
Temporary Litigation Paralegal
Posted March 29, 2018
Omaha & Lincoln Law Firm is seeking a Temporary Litigation Paralegal who has worked in the area of Personal Injury, specifically Auto Accident cases. Prior litigation experience with at least 2-4 years is desired. Duties include: drafting and completing discovery, scheduling hearings and depositions, organize documents and coordinate document productions, conduct various facets of research, prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation, prepare for and attend depositions, draft and file necessary pleadings, court filings, act as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside agencies, prepare for and attend trials.
Salary is based on experience. Hours are 8:30 – 5:30, Monday thru Friday. The individual must have a willingness to work in a law firm with a vision for giving a “voice” to accident victims. If you are a confident person who is not afraid of challenges then our firm is what you are looking for, please reply with a cover letter and your resume. We have an office available in Omaha and/or Lincoln for this temporary position.
NOTE: This is a temporary position, approximately 4/10/18 – 5/30/18.
* Litigation experience: 2-4 years;
* Personal Injury Auto Accident Paralegal: 1-3 years;
* Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Applicants can submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Posted March 29, 2018
The Litigation Paralegal position at Mutual of Omaha prepares, analyzes, and summarizes legal documentation, performs legal research, manages litigation dockets and provides assistance to contribute to the effective legal services for the companies.
This job posting is reflective of the Paralegal essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Paralegal and Paralegal Specialist levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
* Review and manage assigned litigation files by working directly with the in-house attorney, business units, outside and opposing counsel.
* Perform substantial work throughout the entire litigation lifecycle, including performing all elements of litigation case management, discovery, pre-trial and trial activities.
* Coordinate, gather and review documents and evidence in paper and electronic form, assist attorney with initial file review, make appropriate recommendations, and prepare responses to requests for admissions, interrogatories and requests for production of documents.
* Draft legal documents and correspondence such as petitions, settlement agreements, letters and memoranda.
* Coordinate, prepare for and assist the in-house attorney and outside counsel with witness preparation for depositions and trial.
* Utilize on-line legal research tools such as LEXIS to research and extract legal information, summarize and relay findings to the in-house attorney and outside counsel.
* Maintain the case management system throughout the litigation lifecycle.
* Provide legal support to the Law Operation and business units through the performance of special projects.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
* Extensive knowledge of the American legal system, including federal and state court systems and legislative and administrative systems and substantive, procedural, public, private and civil law; the ability to identify sources of American law.
* Sound use of judgment; ability and initiative to work independently; solid decision-making skills.
* Effective human relation and oral and written communications skills.
* Attention to detail, time management planning and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressures of deadlines and established priorities. Uncompromising use of discretion and commitment to confidentiality.
* Excellent research and analytical skills.
* Excellent technical knowledge of computerized legal research systems, the Internet, word processing and spreadsheet software, legal software applications and programs and ability to operate a personal computer; ability to develop search strategies, report formats and extract pertinent information appropriately.
* Knowledge of Operation policies, practices, and procedures, knowledge of overall company structures.
* Bachelor Degree in Paralegal Studies from an ABA accredited Paralegal institute or Bachelor Degree with a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited Paralegal institute
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a paralegal.
Please apply for this position online: http://careers.mutualofomaha.com/cw/en-us/job/494390?lApplicationSubSourceID
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Posted March 21, 2018
Small but busy general civil practice law firm with established client base seeks self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented Paralegal or Legal Assistant with at least 5 years of experience. Duties include typing, dictation, answering multi-line phone system, file maintenance, filing, scheduling hearings, meetings and depositions, preparing pleadings and discovery, e-file in-state and federal courts, scanning documents and otherwise supporting litigation attorneys. 40 hours per week. Qualified candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, be a team player and proficiency using MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Nebraska state and federal court electronic filing systems, Adobe Acrobat and Westlaw. Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paralegal/Receptionist – 3/4 Time
Posted March 21, 2018
Paralegal and a Receptionist 3/4 Time position
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Omaha, NE
* Typing 60+ wpm
* Writing Skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, etc.)
* Ability to complete tasks as assigned in a timely manner
* Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
* Meticulous attention to detail is an absolute necessity
* Prior law-office experience required
* You should be able to follow directions for proper completion of a task
* You need to be able to work independently while having the ability to meet deadlines without supervision
* You will need to be able stay within the guidelines and directions given
* You should be able to handle a file from opening to closing after proper training and guidance
* Should have VERY STRONG organizational skills, good work ethic and be reliable.
* Problem Solving Skills
* You should be a motivated self starter Have the ability to figure what needs to be done and do it within the guidelines established
* Phone etiquette
* Customer Service/Interpersonal Skills
* Communication Skills
* Ability to use a computer very efficiently
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Basic knowledge of business machines (copier, scanner, printer, etc.)
* Ability to multi-task
Duties include (but are not limited to):
* Organizing and preparing cases to file
* Creating documents from templates usually MAIL MERGE Documents
* Filing documents with the Court
* Mailing correspondence to necessary parties
* Clerical support for attorney
This is a busy law firm and we’re looking for someone who works well under pressure.
Compensation based upon experience, work ethic and productivity. You will need to be able to pass a background check. Past employment and references will be checked. Only qualified resumes please. Please send cover letter & resume email@example.com.
Legal Paralegal ad 2018
Posted March 8, 2018
Mattson Ricketts Law Firm seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented legal assistant for a full-time position in its Lincoln office. Duties include drafting, revising, and preparing documents such as correspondence, pleadings, and discovery; coordinating schedules and tracking deadlines; maintaining electronic and paper files in good order; and managing workflow for two attorneys.
The successful candidate should have excellent grammar and punctuation skills, care about details, and be naturally (and sometimes obsessively) organized. This person will need established skills or the willingness to learn Outlook, Word, Excel, Clio, and Adobe Pro, eCopy or equivalent document processing program. Ideally, this person should love to learn, because there is great capacity to grow in this position.
Salary is negotiable based upon experience (if any). Benefits include competitive health insurance paid in full, 401k plan including match, vacation and personal time, and a 37.5-hour week with the possibility of overtime after 40 hours if desired.
Our firm has a long history, dating back more than a century in Lincoln and southeast Nebraska, and our legal assistants are an integral and vital part of our team. We have a collegial working environment, and have been lucky that more than one valued employee has chosen to stay with us for decades (as long as 40 years!).
Please submit your resume to Patricia Vannoy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted February 14, 2018
Family law firm seeks self-motivated, organized, and dependable for full-time entry-level paralegal. Duties include document preparation, client interviews, and attorney support. Prefer 1-2 years office experience. Microsoft Office experience preferred. Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Email resume to email@example.com.
Posted February 14, 2018
Watson & Carroll, P.C., L.L.O. is looking for a bright, personable, highly motivated paralegal or legal assistant with strong communication and organizational skills to assist attorneys in medical malpractice. Our ideal candidate will have a medical background and/or experience in medical malpractice, worker’s compensation, or personal injury. The Candidate must work well without supervision and enjoy interacting with clients. Watson & Carroll does have benefits available. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Angela M. Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions:
* Prepare pleadings, discovery, subpoenas, and other litigation support documents.
* Prior to depositions prepare outlines and notebooks; and following deposition prepare summaries.
* Summarize expert opinions for written discovery.
* Investigate cases utilizing legal research services, social medial, and other research tools.
* Maintain regular contact with clients, healthcare providers, defense counsel, expert witnesses, insurance companies, and court personnel.
* Assist in preparation of, and attend depositions, mediations, and trials.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
* Be self-directed, communicate, and collaborate with the Watson & Carroll team.
* Take initiative to move projects to conclusion.
* Display strong client service that is positive, caring, and compassionate.
* Able to organize cases both in paper and electronic form.
* Plan and prioritize caseload in an organized fashion.
* Take direction well.
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, case management software, electronic filing, LexisNexis, and other research tools.
* Handle other tasks as needed by the Watson & Carroll team.
Paralegal Education, Experience, and Certification:
* Associate’s or equivalent required OR 3+ years of previous paralegal experience.
* Paralegal certification preferred.
Legal Assistant Education & Experience:
* 1 year of experience or currently enrolled in a paralegal program.
Watson & Carroll is a smoke free environment.
Posted February 14, 2018
Wolfe, Snowden, Hurd, Luers & Ahl, a downtown Lincoln, Nebraska law firm, is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal with at least two (2) years of current litigation experience. This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to attorneys in complex litigation case file management, including independent performance of routine legal research; maintaining case files; preparing legal documents for filing; preparing and serving subpoenas and discovery requests; receiving, reviewing, documenting and summarizing discovery responses including, but not limited to, medical records, employment records, social media and personal history; summarizing depositions of plaintiffs, defendants, expert witnesses and witnesses; maintaining meticulous time records following the latest rules and guidelines; and communicating with clients, experts and witnesses in a professional and courteous manner. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K profit sharing, paid sick leave and vacation, and paid parking. Salary DOE.
Email resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.
Posted February 1, 2018
Lamson, Dugan & Murray is seeking a full-time Paralegal to provide support to our Corporate Department. A bachelor’s degree or certification in Paralegal studies is required.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to work independently and communicate with the attorneys in the practice area. You must be able to meet strict deadlines, juggle multiple tasks and possess strong analytical and organizational skills. Experience with MS Office products with intermediate knowledge of Excel is required.
Lamson, Dugan & Murray was established on simple principles: hard work, integrity, and excellence in our practice. Today, our team includes more than 30 attorneys who remain committed to those principles. We continue to expand our litigation and corporate expertise, while providing the highest level of service to our clients.
We offer a full benefit package, a great location with free parking and professional environment. If you would like to be considered for this position, please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org