Position Location: Omaha, NE
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
We have an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant who will provide support for all functions of our Legal Department including clerical assistance, preparation of documents, and organization and maintenance of legal files and records. This individual will:
- Assist legal department staff in tasks to improve their efficiency by conducting basic research Review incoming correspondence and communications and take appropriate action, including responding to correspondence, assembling necessary information and drafting correspondence outlined by attorneys and paralegals. Maintain General Counsel’s calendar, by planning and scheduling conferences, meetings, and teleconferences. Prepare presentations, run meetings, prepare charts, graphs, and power points; record meeting discussions
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports
- Represent legal department staff by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments and knowing when to act and when to refer matters to legal department staff
- Maintain company confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Proactive anticipation of department needs and ability to identify potential improvements to increase efficiency and automation
- Assist with our legal management system: Legal Tracker
- Set up, maintain and organize legal files and integrate new information into files. Identify and enter necessary information into computerized records and databases. Manage the legal department SharePoint and record retention obligations.
- Assist paralegals, insurance manager and counsel in obtaining and organizing documents and information including preparation of legal documents, and corporate documents
- Maintain office supplies by checking supplies; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and calling for repairs
- Participate in educational opportunities and self learning
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two years college or equivalent
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- Willingness to learn about the company, organization and resources
- Flexibility and ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Excellent organizational and scheduling skills
- Understanding of legal terminology and business law
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to expand expertise to new areas and to learn new things
- A team player able to work effectively with a legal department staff
- Strong sense of discretion
- Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
So, what are you waiting for? Come grow with us!
We believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.Posted by