Watson & Carroll, P.C., L.L.O. is looking for a bright, personable, highly motivated paralegal with strong communication and organizational skills to assist attorneys in medical malpractice. Our ideal candidate will have a medical background and/or experience in medical malpractice, worker’s compensation, or personal injury. The Paralegal Candidate must work well without supervision and enjoy interacting with clients. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Angela M. Zimmer at email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, subpoenas, and other litigation support documents.
- Prior to depositions prepare outlines and notebooks; and following deposition prepare summaries.
- Summarize expert opinions for written discovery.
- Investigate cases utilizing legal research services, social medial, and other research tools.
- Maintain regular contact with clients, healthcare providers, defense counsel, expert witnesses, insurance companies, and court personnel.
- Assist in preparation of, and attend depositions, mediations, and trials.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Be self-directed, communicate, and collaborate with the Watson & Carroll team.
- Take initiative to move projects to conclusion.
- Display strong client service that is positive, caring, and compassionate.
- Able to organize cases both in paper and electronic form.
- Plan and prioritize caseload in an organized fashion.
- Take direction well.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, case management software, electronic filing, LexisNexis, and other research tools.
- Handle other tasks as needed by the Watson & Carroll team.
Education, Experience, and Certification
- Associate’s or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of previous paralegal experience.
- Paralegal certification strongly preferred or ability to be certified within 12 months from hire date.