Watson & Carroll, P.C., L.L.O. is looking for a bright, personable, highly motivated paralegal or legal assistant with strong communication and organizational skills to assist attorneys in medical malpractice. Our ideal candidate will have a medical background and/or experience in medical malpractice, worker’s compensation, or personal injury. The Candidate must work well without supervision and enjoy interacting with clients. Watson & Carroll does have benefits available. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Angela M. Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, subpoenas, and other litigation support documents.
- Prior to depositions prepare outlines and notebooks; and following deposition prepare summaries.
- Summarize expert opinions for written discovery.
- Investigate cases utilizing legal research services, social medial, and other research tools.
- Maintain regular contact with clients, healthcare providers, defense counsel, expert witnesses, insurance companies, and court personnel.
- Assist in preparation of, and attend depositions, mediations, and trials.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Be self-directed, communicate, and collaborate with the Watson & Carroll team.
- Take initiative to move projects to conclusion.
- Display strong client service that is positive, caring, and compassionate.
- Able to organize cases both in paper and electronic form.
- Plan and prioritize caseload in an organized fashion.
- Take direction well.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, case management software, electronic filing, LexisNexis, and other research tools.
- Handle other tasks as needed by the Watson & Carroll team.
Paralegal Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Associate’s or equivalent required OR 3+ years of previous paralegal experience.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
Legal Assistant Education & Experience:
- 1 year of experience or currently enrolled in a paralegal program.
Watson & Carroll is a smoke free environment.Posted by