Reporting to the Vice President, the Contract Specialist is responsible for drafting, reviewing, and maintaining contracts to help identify, assess and mitigate legal risks to the Organization. Prepare business correspondence and provide program support as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position has the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and be flexible in a fast-paced, demanding environment. This position is exposed to a wide variety of matters and has the ability to develop beyond the contract process responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Under direction of the Vice President of Legal & Support Services, review, revise and/or draft contracts, leases and agreements prior to entering into any signed agreements.
- Prepare standard work product independently. Exercise a greater level of independent judgment on more complex or unique assignments.
- Analyze proposals and contracts and provide advice regarding potential legal risks and developing strategies to reduce or eliminate such risks.
- Work with internal staff and external third parties on contract negotiations.
- Create and manage legal contract templates.
- Research and prepare legal documents as directed.
- Draft letters and correspondence on behalf of the Organization.
- Review drafts of materials, such as Power Point slides, handout materials and scripted comments, and assist in finalization with Vice President of Legal & Support Services.
- Willing to provide project support as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Maintain electronic database and paper file records of executed contracts.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system for the Vice President of Legal & Support Services.
- Retrieve information immediately from files when needed.
Professionalism and Confidentiality
- Organize, maintain, and update confidential Lutheran Family Services contracts and cases.
- Ensure that a high level of confidentiality is maintained based on HIPAA and LFS policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Stay current on laws, regulations or statutes, state and federal.
- Model an environment of professionalism.
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic background preferred
- Knowledge of contract terminology preferred
- Sound understanding of pertinent federal and state laws related to contracts
- 3 to 5 years paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm and/or corporate setting
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with document management software (e.g. SharePoint) preferred
- Ability to perform legal research in LexisNexis and /or Westlaw preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license, proof of liability automobile insurance and the ability to drive for agency related business.
- Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services.
Or submit cover letter and resume to the following:
Marti Carrington, Director of Human Resources
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Inc.
124 South 24th Street, Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68102