Paralegal - Kiewit
Posted March 13, 2020
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 98322
Job Level: Mid Level
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
The Legal Department serves each of Kiewit’s diverse operational business groups throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. As a Paralegal you will be supporting the areas of dispute resolution and investigations. Your job duties will include management and implementation of Kiewit’s eDiscovery procedures on assigned matters, other litigation discovery support and document management, legal research, legal document and correspondence drafting, monitoring outside counsel billing, assistance in company investigations and some administrative and/or training support.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of Kiewit Plaza at 3555 Farnam Street in Omaha, NE, and requires some travel. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
• Significant experience in litigation support including facilitation and coordination of electronic and other discovery.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong legal research and analytic skills.
• Strong self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Under the supervision of in-house counsel and working directly with outside counsel, perform discovery activities related to the identification, preservation, collection and analysis of electronic and other information pertaining to assigned legal matters.
• Assist with preparation of company’s response to subpoenas, answer to interrogatories, and responses to other written discovery and document production.
• Summarize depositions and interrogatory responses.
• Conduct fact gathering interviews with employees.
• Assist in internal company investigations driven by internal and external forces.
• Perform moderately complex legal research at the request of and under the supervision of in house counsel using Westlaw. Prepare research memoranda.
• Draft routine legal documents, under the supervision of in-house counsel.
• Monitor outside counsel billing and oversee compliance with outside counsel guidelines.
• 5+ years of paralegal experience in litigation support including extensive experience with eDiscovery. Law firm experience is desired; a mix of firm and in-house experience is a plus.
• Candidates should have a college degree or be qualified in an ABA approved curriculum and, ideally, have passed the Paralegal Advanced Competency Examination.
• Experience with construction litigation is preferred, but not required. Case management experience is a plus.
• Extensive experience with complex discovery projects including legal holds, interviews, document collection, analysis, and assistance with all stages of discovery.
• Ability to manage most aspects of eDiscovery without the need of intervention by more senior staff.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task, set appropriate priorities and deliver efficient results within identified timelines.
• Strong self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Effective communication skills and ability to facilitate consistent information stream with in house counsel, outside counsel and other stakeholders as necessary and appropriate.
• Attention to detail with ability to generate circumstance-appropriate work product.
• Creative and thoughtful problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver clear, concise and focused communication and legal and analytical memoranda.
• Ability to handle confidential information to preserve confidentiality.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to travel as required, anticipated to be less than 25%.
Please submit applications at: https://kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Omaha-Paralegal-Corporate-Home-Office-NE-68046/639193000/
Litigation, Business & Estate Planning Paralegal - K&K Law PC LLO
Posted March 9, 2020
We are seeking a driven, hardworking, tech savvy, highly organized Paralegal with 3 to 5 years experience to serve two AV preeminently rated attorneys, each of which has more than 40 years experience.
This employee will provide high-level support with all aspects of case management in both the state and federal courts. Case management tasks include: electronic case filing and research; discovery management including e-discovery; deposition and trial witness preparation; in-court trial management; preparation of complaints and answers and written discovery; legal research; and collections (e.g., recording judgments, executions and garnishments, searching assets) and also involves the following duties:
Learning and using litigation related software;
Reviewing, summarizing and production of documents; and
Assisting with all aspects of trial preparation and at trial.
Drafting & Editing Agreements; and
Assisting preparation for Trial.
Drafting & Editing Estate Documents; and
Prep of probate documents and pleadings.
Conducting client and witness meetings and communications; and
Drafting correspondence; and
Preparing outlines, exhibit lists, and notebooks for depositions and trial.
Ability and willingness to master various computer software programs (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Nextpoint, Trial Director, NetDocuments and other litigation support applications);
Knowledge of legal terminology, forms, documents, practices and procedures;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Resourcefulness and ability to work independently;
Excellent organization; ability to prioritize work and handle strict deadlines and multiple tasks;
Attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve;
Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, witnesses, attorneys and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion and tact.
Our firm offers a competitive salary and benefits and the opportunity for professional development.
Please apply online at email@example.com
Litigation Paralegal - Wolfe Snowden Hurd Ahl Sitzmann Tannehill & Hahn
Posted February 28, 2020
Wolfe Snowden Hurd Ahl Sitzmann Tannehill & Hahn, a downtown Lincoln, Nebraska law firm, is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal with at least two (2) years of current litigation experience. This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to attorneys in complex litigation case file management, including independent performance of routine legal research; maintaining case files; preparing legal documents for filing; preparing and serving subpoenas and discovery requests; receiving, reviewing, documenting and summarizing discovery responses including, but not limited to, medical records, employment records, social media and personal history; summarizing depositions of plaintiffs, defendants, expert witnesses and witnesses; maintaining meticulous time records following the latest rules and guidelines; and communicating with clients, experts and witnesses in a professional and courteous manner. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K profit sharing, paid sick leave and vacation, and paid parking. Salary DOE.
Email resume, cover letter and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paralegal/Administrative Assistant - Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP
Posted February 26, 2020
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking an experienced Paralegal/ Administrative Assistant to join our Firm. As a Paralegal with Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP, you will provide paralegal support to our team on a variety of matters primarily in our corporate transactional practice group, with litigation paralegal support at times. Additionally, the right candidate will also be responsible for a wide array of administrative assistant responsibilities. The work requires professionalism, initiative, accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality.
This position involves the following job duties, in addition to others that may be assigned to meet business needs:
• Assist with client contact and organization of client files
• Draft corporate and business organizational documents
• Draft and assist attorneys with general corporate and business transactional matters
• Maintain calendars and provide billing/invoice processing support
• Conduct research, coordinate internal resources when necessary, and review various documentation to obtain necessary information for document drafting
• Manage client assignment and project management matrix
• Designing, proofing, and formatting legal filings, as well as basic drafting, including extensive revision by following written and oral directions
• Drafting correspondence to and contacting third parties via telephone, email, and letter
• Opening, closing, and maintaining organized hard copy and electronic files
• Work independently and as part of a team towards common goal of excellent client service
• Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; self-motivated
• Associates Degree or Certification in Paralegal Studies
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Paralegal
• Strong interpersonal skills, detail orientated, results driven with exceptional analytical skills
• 3-5 years minimum litigation or transactional legal experience
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, Adobe Acrobat and Cloud based software solutions
• Excellent proof reading and editing skills
• Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Native American law experience
• Previous Executive Assistant experience
• Project management software experience
Working hours will be Monday and Friday 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements no later than March 6, 2020 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Paralegal - Vandenack Weaver LLC
Posted February 26, 2020
West Omaha tax, business, trusts and estates, estate planning firm seeks experienced, self-motivated, well organized and detail-oriented Paralegal. This person will have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects, accurately and efficiently. Successful candidate needs to have minimum of 3 years paralegal experience in tax, business or trusts and estates and must be an excellent writer and proofreader. Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook with familiarity for timekeeping and general technology preferred. Pay commensurate with experience and skills. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Secretary - Litigation - Jackson Lewis
Posted February 25, 2020
REVISED: February 2020
REPORTS TO: Managing Principal and Office Administrator
This position involves working with multiple attorneys, providing a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, drafting pleadings and documents; calendar maintenance for assigned attorneys; filing and electronic transcription. Position will also manage e-discovery, redaction, duplicating and indexing documents. With attorney supervision prepare chronologies of facts and production charts, perform searches and cull relevant information, organize pleadings, exhibits and appendices for filings, organize relevant documents for attorney review for witness interviews and depositions, and assist attorneys in trial preparation. Responsible for electronic filings for a range of state and federal courts, as well as having direct communication with court personnel, clients and opposing counsel.
The successful candidate types at least 65+ wpm accurately, is a very organized multi-tasking, detail-oriented team player possessing at least 5 years recent litigation secretarial experience (including electronic filing). Must be able to perform under tight deadlines in a consistently fast-paced environment.
• Engaged in the work of the attorney by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects.
• Provide support for up to four attorneys in employment litigation, or other related matters for backup support as needed.
• Assist with preparation of pleadings and discovery in federal and state court matters and arbitration proceedings.
• Assist with preparation of federal and state administrative filings.
• Analyze, review and organize documents and data from materials produced during discovery; and, prepare/coordinate document production and responses to discovery requests.
• Prepare deposition and record subpoenas according to state and federal regulations; coordinate production of third-party records and summarize some; prepare deposition outlines and summaries.
• Analyze and review privileged documents.
• Trial and arbitration preparation; preparation and management of trial exhibits and other trial related assistance.
• Answer phones and communicate with clients on a daily basis.
• Act as liaison between internal departments and outside agencies.
• Prepare/revise correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments.
• Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential, time-sensitive material.
• Submit conflict checks and open new client engagements as requested.
• Maintain calendars, CLE, reports and time records.
• Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation, make changes to reservations as needed.
• Maintain docketing for attorneys.
• Transcribe electronic dictation and schedule depositions.
• Handle various office and client filing; proofreading documents.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
• 5 years minimum recent legal secretarial experience within a law firm supporting litigation attorneys, experience with labor and employment law a plus.
• Typing 65+ wpm.
• Familiarity with state and federal rules and procedures.
• Familiarity with law firm billing software a plus.
• Must have a solid understanding of technical legal terminology as well as court filings.
• Experienced with trial preparation and briefs.
• Punctual with excellent attendance.
• Proficient with generating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents.
• Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedures.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills.
• Ability to multi-task, and timely respond to deadlines as well as balance workload.
• Proficiency in Windows environment including Office Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a cooperative, small office environment and communicate with attorneys and support staff on every level.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree or 4-year college degree preferred.
• Paralegal degree or related certificate preferred.
Litigation Paralegal - Abrahams Kaslow & Cassman LLP
Posted February 21, 2020
Abrahams Kaslow & Cassman LLP is seeking a litigation paralegal with at least two years of experience. Experience in the areas of insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, and probate litigation is highly desired. AK&C is full-service business law firm that has been serving the Omaha area for over 75 years.
*Prepare draft and final documents
*Coordinate discovery and trial documents
*Assist with all aspects of trial preparation
*Experience in reviewing and summarizing medical and billing records highly desired
*Excellent writing and communication skills
*Handle strict deadlines and multiple tasks with great detail
*Professionalism in dealing with clients
*Ability to work with minimal supervision
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to Lori Jackson, Office Manager at email@example.com