Criminal Paralegal - McGough Law Firm (April 7, 2021)
Posted April 7, 2021
McGoughLaw P.C., L.L.O. is a litigation firm located in Omaha, Nebraska. Our firm handles the defense of criminal cases, plaintiff's personal injury cases and business litigation throughout the State of Nebraska. We also represent clients in federal court in Nebraska and Iowa. We take a team approach to assist our clients, enlisting the help of every member of our team rather than just one attorney.
We are currently seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our firm. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years' experience in the State of Nebraska in the area of legal administrative or litigation support. The candidate will work directly on the management of case files. Duties include drafting of pleadings/motions/briefs, e-filing, file/case management, general office duties, drafting/sending correspondence, requesting documents/discovery, scheduling deadlines and hearings, and many other standard responsibilities of a paralegal. The candidate will communicate with opposing counsel and courts regularly. The candidate must have strong written communication and clerical skills with a strong work ethic. The candidate must be able to multi-task, have outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. The candidate must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. The candidate must have knowledge of Nebraska laws/statutes. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment. Professional dress is required and ability to problem solve and work independently within an established structure is essential. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Tyson Girard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call. Email any questions you may have.
Litigation Legal Assistant - Pansing Hogan Ernst & Bachman LLP
Posted March 16, 2021
Pansing Hogan Ernst & Bachman LLP is seeking a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant. The position will work mainly with medical malpractice defense and insurance defense. We are located at 10250 Regency Center, Suite 300 in Omaha.
Prepare draft and final documents
Organizing discovery and trial data
Summarizing depositions and preparing trial notebooks
Manage individual client files
Input of attorney and legal assistant time into TABS for billing
Maintain client files in Worldox, document management system
Position requires transcription skills
Prior litigation experience desire
Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
You can also read more about our firm at www.pheblaw.com
Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Ballew Hazen, PC, LLO (Lincoln, NE)
Posted March 16, 2021
Ballew Hazen, PC, LLO is seeking an experienced legal assistant/paralegal to join our family law, estate, and litigation team in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our preferred candidate would be able to work independently, have the ability to communicate professionally in both written and verbal form, work with a variety of team members and clients, take initiative, prioritize, prepare legal documents/discovery, and help attorneys prepare for family law trials. Candidate should also know how to utilize a variety of software and online applications for discovery assistance and document production. Benefits include family flexibility, competitive wages, retirement with employer match to 3%, paid health and dental insurance, and holidays/paid time off. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paralegal - Jason Hubbard Law LLC
Posted March 11, 2021
Jason Hubbard Law (https://jasonhubbardlaw.com/) is a growing private practice seeking a self-motivated, efficient, and detail oriented Paralegal. Duties include:
● Drafting and preparing pleadings and corresponding documents with an emphasis on attention to detail in writing and proofreading;
● Utilizing computer programs such as: Microbilt, WorkNumber, and Justice;
● Client correspondance;
● Maintaining general office administration; and
● Attorney support.
Candidates should have strong problem solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple case tasks, initiative to perform projects accurately to meet deadlines, and maintain a professional demeanor for client interaction.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 2 years paralegal experience. Familiarity with GoogleDrive, including Sheets, Docs, Calendar and gmail is preferred. Pay will correspond with experience and skills. This is a full time position.
To apply, please send resume to JasonHubbardLaw@gmail.com
Paralegal - Vandenack Weaver LLC
Posted February 24, 2021
Boutique Tax, Business, Trust and Estate Law Firm in West Omaha seeks experienced, self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented Paralegal. Candidate should have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects accurately and efficiently. Successful candidate needs to have minimum of 3 years paralegal experience and must be an excellent writer and proofreader. Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook and familiarity with timekeeping software and general technology preferred. Pay commensurate with experience and skills. This is a full time position with benefits.
Benefits - Benefits include medical, dental and vision, health savings, 401K, long term disability insurance
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
Litigation Paralegal - Hilgers Graben PLLC
Posted February 15, 2021
Hilgers Graben PLLC is a nationwide litigation firm based in Lincoln, Nebraska. We were recently named one of the Inc. magazine’s fastest growing companies in the country. Our innovative firm is seeking a Litigation and Trademark Paralegal to help support our nationwide litigation practice.
We are looking for someone who fits our firm’s core values: no jerks, investing in building trusted professionals, having a culture of service, no fear, and thought leaders. You can find a description of our core values here: https://hilgersgraben.com/why-hg/.
Our preferred candidate can handle the following types of tasks:
• Collect, analyze, organize, and summarize documents, discovery, testimony, transcripts, and trial data for multiple attorneys and multiple cases
• Prepare pleadings, draft answers to discovery, and prepare documents for production
• Assist in preparing witnesses for depositions and trial
• Utilize a variety of software and on-line applications for discovery assistance and document production
• Obtain and organize trial exhibits (attend trial as necessary)
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills
• Previous experience with e-discovery (not required)
• Ability to communicate professionally in both written and verbal form
• Ability to work with a variety of team members, including attorneys and other staff
• Three years of litigation and/or Trademark experience preferred (not required)
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Administrative Assistant Positions
Fair Housing Investigator - Family Housing Advisory Services, Inc.
Posted March 22, 2021
Title and Classification
Fair Housing Investigator
Program:Fair Housing Center of NE-IA (Center)
Purpose: Under general direction from the Assistant Director, responsible for preparation and maintenance of investigative and counseling activities, case documentation, and materials to promote fair housing, and all required documentation and reports; develops and administrates program services and appropriate referrals to clients.
1. Perform a full range of fair housing investigative services to clients; including receiving fair housing complaints, interviewing complainants, and assisting persons in the preparation and filing of fair housing complaints.
2. Prepare validated cases of discrimination for appropriate referral to conciliation, and/or appropriate governmental agencies and private attorneys.
3. Develop and maintain records and materials necessary to provide investigative-related services to clients, including the maintenance of records as required by program policies. Update all investigative cases in fair housing database(s) accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of federal, state and local fair housing laws and ordinances.
5. Enhance public relations within the community to promote program awareness and interest. Develop and deliver training and written materials to individuals and organizations in order to promote fair housing state-wide.
6. Coordinates program services and referrals with other community entities. Fosters the development and maintenance of good working relationships with clients, other agencies, and co-workers.
1. At least one year of investigative experience, preferably in the area of civil rights or criminal justice. Specialization in Fair Housing Laws and processing of Fair Housing complaints, in accordance with federal, state and local procedures is preferred.
2. An understanding of the legal process, legal documents, and the reading of case law. Knowledge of landlord and tenant law is preferred.
3. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Computer literacy required and knowledge of databases preferred.
4. A high level of demonstrated organizational and documentation skills is required.
5. Public speaking skills and presenting to general public and housing providers is a must.
If interested, please contact Joe Garcia 402-934-6669 or email@example.com
Family Office Accounting Coordinator - Vandenack Weaver LLC
Posted February 24, 2021
Client facing position handling and/or supervising bookkeeping, accountings, inventories, and tax returns. Minimum associate degree in accounting. Background in trusts and estates helpful. Excellent communication skills a must. Three years minimum experience in bookkeeping and accounting or trust and estate accounting.
Vandenack Weaver core values include: People; Excellence; Service; Community; Innovation; Wellness; Accountability; Industry Forefront; Diversity; Integrity. The right candidate will exhibit characteristics reflective of VW core values, which allow us to provide the type of care and service to our clients that truly make an impact. VW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skill set.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org