Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Platte County Public Defender's Office
Posted January 21, 2021
Work to involve a variety of general office duties including answering phone calls and e-mails, filing, scanning, drafting documents and maintaining attorney’s schedules.
High School Diploma, College Degree preferred;
Ability to complete tasks on schedule and under pressure of deadlines with a strong attention to detail;
Maintain confidentiality and professionalism;
Experience in legal setting and/or social work preferred.
Deadline for Applications will be:
Friday, February 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send a Platte County application, Resume and Cover letter to:
Platte County Public Defender
Attn: Timothy Matas
2610 14th St.
Columbus, NE 68601
Or e-mail to
Equal Opportunity Employer, subject to Veteran’s Preference
Manager, Estate and Legal Services - Moylan Kropp
Posted January 20, 2021
Moylan Kropp is a comprehensive financial planning firm dedicated to tailoring recommendations for each individual client. We work with a team of Certified Financial Planners TM, Certified Public Accountants, estate planning attorney, and insurance professionals.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our team as Manager, Estate and Legal Services. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Sean Moylan at email@example.com by February 1, 2021.
Learn more about us at our website www.moylankropp.com.
FSLA Status: Exempt
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position serves to manage the legal activities of the firm specifically estate planning, probate and financial planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with the Senior Partner of Estate and Legal Services to manage the firm’s legal and estate projects.
2. Assist with the maintenance of legal documents and records, such as estate plans, wills, governance documents, and small business filings and records.
3. Assist in the preparation of drafting legal documents and legal correspondence.
4. Draft and send letters, memos and other communications to clients, internal partners, external vendors and entities.
5. Conduct periodic research, build reports and presentations.
6. Assist with the maintenance and organization of the legal team calendar and project management software.
7. Manage the filing and proper coding of legal documents and correspondence into electronic record keeping and client relationship management systems.
8. Build relationships with current and potential clients by providing exceptional customer service.
9. Assist with special projects as requested including helping execute the organization’s client events.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with general correspondence to clients including serving at the front desk, answering phones, mail distribution and other duties as requested.
All expenditures require approval of managing partner.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed should be representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and related work experience
Minimum of an associate degree in with a paralegal emphasis required, a Bachelor’s or Professional degree is desired. Minimum of 3 years of experience working for a financial services company, law firm or in a legal department required.
Overall compensation will reflect education and industry experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Designations
Other Skills and Qualifications
1. Prior experience in financial services preferred.
2. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting and competing priorities.
4. Superior grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading skills.
5. Ability to understand legal terms commonly referenced in legal documents.
6. Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
7. Ability to create, compose, and edit written material.
8. Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
9. Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment.
10. Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
11. Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
12. Effective written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
13. Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
14. Professional demeanor and appearance with outstanding customer service skills.
Physical and Office Demands
1. Position requires the ability to sit in one place for long periods of time.
2. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds may be required with UPS, Fed X and other deliveries.
3. Ability to work from the office required. This is not a work from home position.
The position provides a competitive salary, yearly bonus, paid vacation, parental leave, 401k, 401k benefit matching, disability, health and life insurance. Compensation is based upon education level achieved and years of experience in the industry.
Paralegal/Funding Coordinator - Goosmann Law Firm
Posted December 17, 2020
Would you like to be a part of one of the fastest growing law firms in the US? If so, the opportunity to support the Goosmann Law Firm in Omaha, NE may be the ideal fit for you. Compensation is competitive and will be negotiated depending on the qualifications. Benefits include generous PTO, 2 hours of paid flex time a week, 401K, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, flex spending account, flexibility and a positive and energetic working environment.
We are looking for a high-performing Paralegal/Funding Coordinator in our Omaha location to assist with Estate planning and assist Attorneys achieve our business goals. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the transfer of client assets in conjunction with the execution of their estate plan. You will work directly with clients and third party financial institutions to change title to assets, update beneficiary designations, draft and file deeds and transfer ownership of business interests as needed. You will also be responsible for assisting in probate and trust administration.
This multi-tasker has excellent written and verbal skills and is not only professional, well-dressed and organized, but also responsive and timely. Being ethical and honest comes natural to this perceptive.
The ideal candidate should be very detail oriented, organized, positive, confident, and passionate. This person should be highly relational, dynamic, collaborative, motivated as well as take direction well.
Goosmann Law Firm will provide training on their specific systems, processes, and tools, but candidate should already have the core skills around building relationships and being technology-savvy that are required for this position.
ABOUT THE JOB (RESPONSIBILITIES)
The responsibilities of the Legal/Administrative Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
Full Time – Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Assist the Partners and Attorney's of the Firm to achieve goals and increase profitability
Manage calendars and schedule meetings and appointments
Proactively follow up after meetings
Organize documents and files (both electronically and in hard copy)
Prepare presentation materials and assist with presentations
Database management and input
Constant communication with clients to ensure timely gathering of information and execution of estate plans
Development of relationships with clients and business partners throughout the community
Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Ability to work in a high volume practice with rapid deadlines
Placing and answering telephone calls
Coordinate team members
Anticipate needs for meetings, deadlines, and presentations and prepare necessary materials
Maintain business relationships to develop the business
Draft documents and file them with the court
High School Diploma Required.
A two or four-year degree is preferred.
Experience in estate planning
Superior professionalism and organization
Positive and results oriented
Professional experience in related work is preferred, but not required (i.e. Marketing, Customer Service, Business setting.)
Experience in a law firm desirable.
WHY WORK FOR GOOSMANN LAW?
Worth it! Strong commitment to mission
Founded in 2009, Goosmann Law is Growing an average of 20-30% a year
The brand and Firm are known and respected
The Firm is a stable company
The legal service is excellent
It is within family friendly communities (Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Omaha)
Goosmann Law is a steward of the community
The culture is well-regarded and fun
There’s opportunity for growth
Innovative & creative
The cost of living is low
The Team Says:
The employees care for one another
The people and culture are genuine
Culture of excellence and fun
The Firm is family oriented
The Firm is flexible
The Firm is a team
Employees take ownership and pride in their work
There’s a passion for the brand
New challenges every day
The Firm invests in employees
Employees are respected
If you are ready to accept the challenge of a rewarding career, please send a cover letter and resume to JaNay Rose firstname.lastname@example.org or through www.GoosmannLaw.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.
Paralegal - Housing Justice Project - Legal Aid of Nebraska
Posted December 15, 2020
To provide litigation support to the attorneys, by compiling data, interviewing clients and witnesses, responding to client inquiries, drafting and filing pleadings with courts, preparing correspondence, conducting legal research, and assisting in preparation of cases.
Desired Abilities & Qualifications:
• At least one year of formal education in paralegal studies is preferred.
• CLA or other paralegal certification desirable, but not required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• One year or more of paralegal experience required and/or paralegal studies educational program and training.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicates either orally or in writing with management, members of the firm, partners in statewide network, clients, and the public.
• Applies computer skills and data entry, using firm systems, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, TIME.
• Provides litigation assistance to the attorneys, acting as a liaison between clients or opposing counsel and LAN attorneys.
• Interviews clients and witnesses to obtain necessary case-specific information.
• Relays the legal facts and advice given by an attorney to the client, following up with written materials.
• Drafts, proofs, and/or edits legal documents and correspondence.
• May notarize legal documents, if necessary.
• Maintains general office support and administration.
• Assists in implementing LAN's Mission Statement, goals and priorities, including helping clients to become self-sufficient.
• Complies with LAN policies, procedures, and Mission Statement.
• Complies with all LSC Regulations and record-keeping in the handling of the cases in which he or she provides litigation support.
• Conducts investigations, statistical and documentary research.
• May take documents to courts for filing or to judge for signature.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply : https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/407837
Estate Planning/Probate Paralegal - Dvorak Law Group
Posted December 8, 2020
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drafting estate planning documents for attorney’s review (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives)
• Preparing documents and assisting the transfer of assets into trusts
• Preparing and recording powers of attorney, deeds, memoranda of trust, and other recordable forms
• Researching foreign jurisdictions for out-of-state client assets and re-registering them
• Preparing and filing probate documents in the administration of an estate (petitions, motions, testamentary letters, inventories, accountings, and notices)
• Filing life insurance claims and other death benefits
• Communicating with beneficiaries and next of kin regarding admission of the will and other probate hearings
• Administering estate accounts
• Assisting with the investment, transfer, and/or liquidation of estate assets
• Preparing and filing the decedent’s final income and tax returns
• Preparing documents associated with land sale proceedings
• Critical thinking, personal initiative and accountability required.
• Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail required.
• Ability to create documents using correct English spelling, grammar and punctuation; review legal documents to identify inaccuracies or omissions; pay attention to detail in all work and see work through to its logical conclusion.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft office applications and law management software required.
• Ability to confidently and effectively interact with and demonstrate respect for clients, attorneys and all employees in a collaborative team-based culture.
• Confidentiality regarding all aspects of the business, discretion and tact are non-negotiable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
• Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of three years estate planning and probate work required.
• Group Health Insurance
• Group Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Critical Care Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
Location: Omaha, NE
Position Type: Full-time
Level/Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience'
Applications Accepted By:
Mr. Jeffrey J. Blumel
Dvorak Law Group - Job Posting
9500 W. Dodge Rd. Ste. 100
Omaha, NE 68114
Legal Administrative Assistant Positions
Legal Administrative Assistant - Gavilon
Posted December 17, 2020
Provides support to Gavilon’s Legal Department, including electronic filing of documents, sending renewal or expiration notices, drafting letters and notifications, processing legal invoices, and performing other administrative tasks related to the legal function.
Essential Job Functions:
-Create and maintain electronic files for contract drafts and correspondence.
-Update Gavilon’s contracts database with executed contracts and send notice of contract renewal/expiry to various Gavilon departments.
-Update and maintain Gavilon’s corporate governance database and send notice of new or renewing corporate documents to various Gavilon departments.
-Aggregate invoices from outside counsel and assign billing codes. Prepare invoices for verification and obtain payment approval from appropriate persons in Gavilon’s legal department. Submit payment requests for approved invoices to the accounting department for payment.
-Assist Gavilon’s legal department members in obtaining contract approvals and officer signatures in accordance with the Gavilon contracts and approval policy.
-Draft and send termination letters as requested by counsel.
-Provide reporting as needed for contract renewals, audits, and management requests.
-Coordinate departmental meetings and schedules.
-Participate in special projects as assigned.
Other Job Functions:
Additional tasks as assigned by department and/or management
-BS/BA or Associate’s Degree with 1 or more year’s experience as an administrative assistant, preferably involving contracts, real estate, compliance, legal, or similar areas.
-Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with a general understanding of business terms are required in order to be effective.
-Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while paying close attention to details.
-Work well as a team player in an extremely fast paced environment.
Social Security Disability Legal Assistant - Yamamoto & Kitchens PC LLO
Posted November 30, 2020
Yamamoto & Kitchens PC LLO, an Immigration and Social Security Disability Law Firm in Omaha, seeks a full-time, detail-oriented, Social Security Disability Legal Assistant. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize job tasks, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Legal experience preferred. Microsoft Office proficiency required. Benefit package includes Simple IRA with employer contribution, PTO and paid holidays. Salary commensurate with experience.
Varied duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Medical record acquisition and follow up
• Appointment scheduling and calendar deadlines
• Draft documents and correspondence
• Communicate/correspond with clients and outside professionals
• Manage all legal documentation in strict confidence
• Simple IRA
• Simple IRA Matching
• Paid time off
• Paid Holidays
• Waiting period may apply
• 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Monday to Friday
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
• General Office experience: 1 year (Required)
• Law Firm experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Pay: $33,500.00 - $37,500.00 per year
• email resume to email@example.com