Personal Injury Paralegal - Oshan & Associates
Posted January 29, 2020
Great opportunity for the right person! Looking for paralegal to assist an out of state personal injury law firm.
Experienced personal injury paralegal to support busy attorney. Experience in case management and litigation. Duties include active case management of files, communication with clients, insurance adjustors, opposing counsel, and doctors. Organize and oversee gathering of medical records and other documents. Ability to follow attorney directives. Experience drafting pleadings such as summons & complaint, drafting discovery, motions, responding to discovery requests. Qualifications include strong team player, ability to multi-task and prioritize, attention to detail, strong work ethic, highly organized, maintain confidentiality and professional.
Ability to field calls and do initial client intake a plus.
2-5 years of experience as a paralegal in a personal injury law office.
Strong proficiency with MS Word/Office and the ability to type at least 70 wpm.
Experience with Practice Panther, Needles or other case management software is a plus.
A high level of professionalism and the ability to provide the ultimate in client service.
Need is immediate and ideal candidate is a self starter who can work virtually.
PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: OSHANLEGAL@GMAIL.COM
Litigation Paralegal - Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather LLP
Posted January 23, 2020
Law firm has immediate opening for a litigation paralegal in our Lincoln office. Excellent benefits and retirement plan. Position requires exceptional writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to multi-task and easily adapt to change. Minimum 5 years of experience preferred. Attendance is a necessary part of the job. Qualified persons should submit resume to Human Resource Director, email@example.com. EOE.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant - Law Offices of Willow T. Head, P.C. L.L.O.
Posted January 21, 2020
We have an opportunity for a full time paralegal/legal assistant for immediate start. Applicant would be working with one attorney whose practice is solely dedicated to family law. Litigation support experience, familiarity with pleadings and computer proficiency are required. Experience with family law matters is preferred. Applicant must have a strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, excel at multi-tasking and be able to work independently.
Job duties include working on files from beginning to end, drafting pleadings, telephone and email contact with clients, docketing deadlines, calendaring hearings and drafting correspondence among other duties.
If interested, please submit your resume and a list of references for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All responses will be kept strictly confidential. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Litigation Paralegal - Koley Jessen
Posted January 10, 2020
We are seeking a driven, hardworking, tech savvy, highly organized, Litigation Paralegal to join our litigation team.
This employee will provide high-level support to attorneys with all aspects of case management in both the state and federal courts. Case management tasks include: electronic case filing and research; discovery management including e-discovery; deposition and trial witness preparation; in-court trial management; preparation of complaints and answers and written discovery; legal research; and collections (e.g., recording judgments, executions and garnishments, searching assets) and also involves the following duties:
Learning and using litigation related software;
Client and witness meetings and communications;
Review, summarize and production of documents;
Prepares outlines, exhibit lists, and notebooks for depositions and trial;
Assists with all aspects of trial preparation and at trial.
A paralegal degree from an accredited paralegal program, paralegal certificate or Bachelor’s Degree is required. Other preferred skills include:
Ability and willingness to master various computer software programs (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Nextpoint, Trial Director, NetDocuments and other litigation support applications);
Knowledge of legal terminology, forms, documents, practices and procedures;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Resourcefulness and ability to work independently;
Excellent organization; ability to prioritize work and handle strict deadlines and multiple tasks;
Attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve;
Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, witnesses, attorneys and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion and tact.
Our firm offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, including 401(k) with firm contribution, and the opportunity for professional development.
Koley Jessen is an energized law firm. You feel it the minute you walk in the door. We move fast and work smart. We solve client problems with agility and provide over-the-top client service. Our team-driven culture is dynamic and collaboration is extensive. At Koley Jessen, our energy powers the quality of our work and the quality of our lives. Explore the opportunities of a career at Koley Jessen and energize your future. Please apply online at www.koleyjessen.com
Litigation Paralegal / Medical Malpractice - Watson & Carroll, PC, LLO
Posted December 23, 2019
About Watson & Carroll, PC, LLO
Watson & Carroll, P.C., L.L.O., is a law firm that cares about protecting the injured and disabled in medical malpractice, worker’s compensation, personal injury, and social security cases. We strive to make medical concepts easy to understand. We measure ourselves by our core values: Care, Compassion, Collaboration, Communication, Consistency, and Authenticity.
The primary purpose is to support the medical malpractice attorneys in managing cases and ensuring timely case progression for settlement or trial. This position requires strict attention to deadlines, which may require occasional overtime. Strong organizational, time management and communication skills are critical.
• Conduct research and fact investigation related to the case.
• Prepare and file pleadings for state and federal court.
• Calendar all court deadlines using firm calendaring system.
• Prepare discovery documents, subpoenas, and other litigation support documents.
• Compile deposition outlines and notebooks; prepare written summaries of deposition testimony.
• Liaise between attorney and experts for purposes of litigation.
• Maintains regular communications with clients, other attorneys, and court staff.
• Draft correspondence to clients, attorneys, and the court.
• Attend assigned depositions, mediations, and trials.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understand Nebraska court rules for civil procedure, discovery, and evidence.
• Experience e-filing in PACER and Nebraska Justice.
• Experience drafting pleadings, discovery documents, subpoenas, and correspondence.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, case management software, and computer assisted research tools.
• Proofread, revise, and edit legal documents and correspondence.
• Keyboard strokes at minimum of 50 words per minute.
• Must have valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to travel to court, attorney’s office, and other assigned locations.
• Ability to present information and respond to questions from attorneys, clients, staff, and the general public.
• Logical and process-oriented thinker with the ability to effectively problem solve
• Attentive to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing deadlines.
• Maintain confidentiality of privileged, protected, and highly sensitive information.
• Strong customer service attitude; kind, caring, and compassionate.
• Positive, collaborative attitude focused on adding value to the team and the Firm
• Professional demeanor and exemplary communications skills, oral and written
• Self-directed; anticipates what needs to be done to move projects to completion.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
• Pursues professional self-improvement by continuously learning and broadening professional and technical skills.
• Accepts direction, feedback, and constructive criticism well.
• Manages personal and professional self-care; responds appropriately to stress.
• Minimum three years of previous civil litigation paralegal experience.
• Preferred experience with personal injury or medical malpractice.
• Typical office setting; position based in Omaha, Nebraska.
• Business hours Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., occasional overtime.
• Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching.
• Occasional lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines.
• Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office equipment and communicate in person, by telephone, fax and email.
• Fast-paced, high stress, work environment with frequent deadlines and pressure to complete multiple, competing priorities.
• Regular attendance and punctuality required.
All interested individuals please email Angela Zimmer, Managing Attorney, email@example.com.